6 cups rolled oats
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. coconut oil
1/3 c. honey
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup wide coconut
1/3 c. sesame seeds
1/4 c. sunflower seeds
1/2 c. raisins or craisins
1/2 c. dried mango
1 c. chopped nuts (almonds)
1. mix rolled oats and brown sugar together.
2. in a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, honey and vanilla.
3. pour over dry mixture and stir to coat thoroughly. add in chopped nuts and any seeds at this point.
4. spread on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
5. stir frequently (every 5 minutes) to ensure even baking. it should be golden brown when it is done.
6. add dried fruit and coconut after baking.
7. let it cool on baking sheet and then break up any large pieces. store in an airtight container.
8. makes 8 cups. can store for 3 weeks.
*original recipe found on super healthy kids website